Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Black box w/interface issue.

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Forum Help' started by Ryan Matthes, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Ryan Matthes

Builder

Hi
    Ever since I hooked up the interface and updated it, my relay isn’t working properly.It’s been acting up. I have a new interface on the way. My issue is after I hooked up the interface up. My spindle runs when the black box powers up. I checked the 0-10v and rates 22v. I’ve turned the 0-10v all the way down nothing all the way up nothing. Is there anything else I can try? I can’t get my spindle to run correctly ever since I hooked up the interface. I disconnected the vfd and send m3s24000 22v, m3 s8000 22v. Is there a reason why so much current coming out, I’m lost. Thanks In advance.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Sounds more like the Opamp in the 0-10v section got fried. Do not connect that to the VFD it can damage the VFDs input. Or, very likely, the VFD had a malfunction that damaged the 0-10v output on the BlackBox. Very unlikely to be Interface related, that just communicates via Serial.

Speak to http://support.openbuilds.com/support/home and see if they can assist

3. Ryan Matthes

Builder

4. Ryan Matthes

Builder

Is there a way I can still hook up my vfd with spindle to an pwm 0-10v converter through the black box or will i not be able to use the converter with the black box to use my vfd w/ spindle. Is there a way I control the voltage other then the tool head section of the black box.

5. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

http://support.openbuilds.com/support/home will be in contact soon