Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Black box homing speed limit has no effect?

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by Jaim Wolfe, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Jaim Wolfe

Builder

Can someone help me understand what I am missing? Tonight on my fairly new workbee, I had the spindle across the table and hit go to zero that was set at opposite end of the machine. The machine took off to get to home super fast and for some reason my Y axis locked / stopped like it hit something.

I tried turning down both of the homing speed limits (all the way down to 50mm/minute) but they had no effect. I turned the maximum y speed from 10000 down to 7000 which seemed to stop the problem, but I’m wondering why it is happening and why the homing speed limits have no effect? Maybe go to zero isn’t officially homing? Machine jogs around 10” at a time with no problems but when I hit go to zero it seems like it’s in major hyper speed mode.

Thanks for any help.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Going to zero is not a Homing move, it is a G0 move. That is exexuted at Max Travel Rate. Read the grbl wiki at github.com/gnea/grbl/wiki

3. Jaim Wolfe

Builder

Thank you, I will read it this evening.

4. Metalguru

Metalguru Veteran
    Builder

I don't think GRBL is capable of putting out pulses at 10000 mm/min. Max speed as far as I know is about 5000. Depends on your microstepping settings.

MG