Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

BAFP 3D Printer

Discussion in '3D printers' started by Steven Bloom, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Tim N

Tim N New
    Builder

I don't have any warping/curling on my prints but have a thermal runaway whenever the filament fan is on at 100%. If I set it at 50% speed, no thermal runaway...maybe I need to isolate the fan wires away from the thermistor's wires.

2. Val Cocora

Val Cocora Well-Known
    Builder

I also keep the extruder fans on at 100 %, all the time during printing.
    didn't notice any problems, but that might be because we are using different kinds of extruders.

3. Tim N

Tim N New
    Builder

4. John S

John S New
    Builder

I love this build, it looks amazing and well thought out!

I might have missed it since I was reading this while very tired last night but What kind of electronics are you using? I am planning a production environment that will utilize at least 4 printers either side by side or stacked; That said would you thing two of these could be "stacked" by using longer pieces of 4040 for the corners and some sort of floor/wall brackets to minimize vibrations? Or do you think the jerk from the multiple units would degrade accuracy? I am reading what has to be every build on here now and definitely find the work you all put in to be nothing short of amazing.

5. RichGold

RichGold New
    Builder

Where did you find a heating bed big enough for your build plate?

6. tommaso

tommaso New
    Builder

Good afternoon.
    I am interested in building his 3D printer.
    With regard to the mechanics, the components that you described are sufficient? because I see that some components are missing such as the supports for the screw-nutscrew or like printer legs.
    I am Italian, and I apologize for the incorrect English.
    thank you very much for the help. If possible, how can I get these missing components?
    regards:)

7. Simon Polz

Builder

Looks like a cartesian style printer to me. It is definitely not a CoreXY mechanism.

8. Ozfunghi

Ozfunghi New
    Builder

So... any more large prints made with this behemoth? I'm very interested to see more. I'm also looking for a large printer (500*500*700) or something along those lines and this looks promising. Is the stationary bed a plus compared to C-bots, with beds of that size (500 to 600 mm)? Or at least as a trade off for a printhead that also moves upwards, as well as forward and back, and side to side.

When will this project be "finalized" so people can start building this?