Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

AUX1 on BlackBox V2.6

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by Laowan, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Laowan

Laowan New
    Builder

I ordered 3 pcs of OpenBuilds BlackBox V2.6 controller. I am planning to use the AUX1 as control port for a micro-controller. However, I don't know how to enable the AUX1 port.
    The BlackBox V2.6 seems has hardware updates with an extra UART MUX IC with unsoldeded Selection Pins that may caused this issue. I can't find any information about these changes. I need help with detailed information regarding the hardware change and how to enable\use the AUX1 port with these hardware changes. Thanks.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

3. Laowan

Laowan New
    Builder

The usb cable was not connected. I have shorted the SJ24 and SJ25 (which is open by default). I connected the AUX1 to my serial terminal, I am sure I have got my Tx-Rx wired correctly. I got nothing, no data. I measured the S0 signal at R97, it is HIGH (4.75VDC). It doesn't make sense.

4. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

We note that you also have same discussion with http://support.openbuilds.com/support/home already ongoing.
    Would you mind if we continue one track on this, as it might get confusing working the same issue here and on the support ticket :)

The support team will continue with the support ticket. Thank you for understanding

I will mention just quick. SJ24/25 are to be left open. Stick to the documentation please, it doesn't mention needing to close solder jumper.. The MUX chip does the switches no Soldering required. Open them back up please

5. thisislouie

Builder

I have just started using the Black Box today, and it seems that the TX and RX pins on AUX1 are opposite. Therefore, treat TX as RX and so forth. ie my ESP32 TX pin goes to AUX1 TX pin. This is so strange but it works fine. I receive no signal the proper way. Let me know if it works for you