Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Automated Media Blaster

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by Matt deFreese, Aug 2, 2024.

1. Matt deFreese

Builder

2. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Nice idea @Matt deFreese thanks for sharing this :thumbsup:
    Can you please share a few pics of the actuators with the brushes, thats a really cool idea to keep the Debrie off the screw

3. Matt deFreese

Builder

Sorry I don't have up-close pictures of this area yet. Here's a screen shot of the design.

screw cover.png

Most the components were purchased at McMaster-Carr and are on the parts list. The brushes are held on by F shaped aluminum extrusions. I used the Open Builds M5 Tee Nuts (SKU:536-Pack) with M5 Bolts and Nylon spacers to attach the F Shaped aluminum extrusions. I did have to cut out a small area on the brushes to keep the limit switch from being activated when the carriage got close to the ends.

The screw cover itself is similar to the Open Builds Shield (SKU:07-LP), but since I was using the 1000mm actuator, I had to make my own. I used 1 3/4" wide UHMW for a couple reasons - 1st it fit between the plate risers from Open Builds (SKU:980-pack) and 2nd it's bendy, which allowed it to go over the limit switches and still go under the attached rail.

Mark Carew likes this.
  4. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Thanks Matt, lots of really good ideas going on there. :thumbsup: I always like to see how others solve design challenges, thanks for explaining

Matt deFreese likes this.