Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Are there Technical Specifications anywhere?

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Michael Belosa, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Michael Belosa

Builder

Hello,
    I am interested if there's a technical specification on OpenBuilds mechanical parts somewhere to be found. Specifically, I'm interested in the allowed axial play of the v-wheels and generally, in all tolerances of shape and orientation of all mechanical parts.

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

These are hobby grade parts, nothing more. Their level of precision is consistent with the price point. As far as axial play on the wheels, the only way to know if they are appropriate for your needs would be to get a few and test them. If you'll look through the projects section of the forum and the results that the forum members are getting, most find the results acceptable while some choose to go on to more expensive options.

Peter Van Der Walt and MaryD like this.
  3. Michael Belosa

Builder

An argument against having specifications does not work with me because precision is my hobby :D
    Ok, I have these wheels, and today I've replaced the original two bearings in one of the wheels with the two (model MR105-ZZ-ISB, less than $1 per pc) from a local bearing shop. The axial play is actually 10 times smaller with them.

#3 Michael Belosa, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019