Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Arduino uno + CNC shield + GRBL + Openbuilds control - no movement

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by foekie, Jul 7, 2019.

1. foekie

foekie New
    Builder

Hi all,

I did my best to find information on how to fix this, but unfortunately I did not come up with a result and I am left clueless. Hoping you don't mind me creating a thread for this issue.

I have been using Estlcam in the past for my CNC router which worked great. I found the Openbuilds control software and I thought why not have a look at that software as well?

The situation is that I have bought an Arduino uno + GRBL CNC shield. I have the same setup on my CNC router and I am now building a laser cutter. I flashed the GRBL software using the GRBL flashing tool inside the Openbuilds control software. Everything went fine and the controller comes online:

[13:24:54] [ connect ] Firmware Detected: grbl version 1.1g on COM6

However, I am unable to move any axis using the Openbuilds control software. As far as I can tell there are no alarms active and the controller state is Idle.

If I flash the Arduino uno with GRBL using Estlcam everything works. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Attached Files:

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Check if your Stepper drivers need $4=1 or $4=0 respectively. Remember to Reset between changing the setting. See gnea/grbl

IanCaz likes this.
  3. foekie

foekie New
    Builder

Hello,

I knew it had to be something simple! Thanks a lot for your fast reply.
    If others face the same issue: I had to use $4=0.

Thanks again!