Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

An ID10T problem? BlackBox?

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Ed_D, Oct 15, 2022.

1. Ed_D

Ed_D New
    Builder

Good Afternoon,
    I don't know how else to trouble shoot this problem and I'm really hoping someone here can help. I won't get a reply from support until Monday.
    I was running a pocket toolpath without a endmill on a large round piece of maple. Very irregular shape. I just wanted to make sure the toolpath covered the whole shape so I could surface it. It was running smoothly but a little slow.
    So after about 10 min into the job the machine just stopped. What I discovered was the comm port lost the connection. Ok. I shut everything down and rebooted. Started again and tried to connect but it still says no ports. One other thing is when I turn the power supply on and the blackbox there is nothing happening with the motors. They are not powering up. I changed the usb cable to the pc and still nothing. Checked the cable coming from the power supply. The connector in the blackbox seemed funky, kind of loose. I changed the connector out for a new one. Tried again. Still nothing. The comm port is fine. I plugged a mouse into it and it worked.
    I don't get any lights on the side of the blackbox on the servos, I get the green light and the fan comes on. Could the fuse have blown? I am reluctant to pull it out as it is in there pretty tight, I don't have a spare and I'd have to use needle nose pliers. Electronics and I aren't friends.
    My machine is made from all Openbuilds stuff. The only new thing I added was the probe. I don't see how this would have any affect but ya never know.
    Thanks in advance. BTW I apologize if I've placed this in the wrong section.
    Ed

2. Ed_D

Ed_D New
    Builder

Ok as I figured, it was an ID10T problem. A limit switch wire got caught between the Y Axis and frame. After fixing the wire everything connected and is back up and working. I need to do better cable management. A work in progress.

Thanks for listening.
    Ed

Attached Files: