Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

ALL THINGS MOTORS Servo, hybrid, DC ??

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Ollieg, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Ollieg

Ollieg New
    Builder

I have a few builds I am doing at the moment and I am at the stage of selecting motors. Knowing nothing about electronics (other than what has come in my previous of the shelf machines) I am at a bit of a loss as to which motors to select and why:

Build 1 is a CNC router, it has gears and motor mounts from cncrouterparts.com to accept a Nema 34 motor 2 phase 12.7mm shaft 30mm long should I buy their motors or how do I go about selecting the motors, plus do all the different types of motors' drivers then interface with the controller the same way or can I only use certain types of motors.

Whats the differences stepper, DC brushless servo, Hybrid what do I choose!?

Build 2 is a 1200 x 1200 laser cutter, I want high speed, the head is lightweight and the gantry is sealed belt roller like this Belt-driving style inner-shafted modular type linear guide stage and the controller will be a rudia motors on our trotec laser cutters are BL-42 Series Brushless DC Motors in Rebeck Gear Motor Manufacturers would these work with the rudia controller, or I am open to suggestions

THANKS!