Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Alarm 9

Discussion in 'OpenBuilds Forum Help' started by Bobbolink, May 14, 2022.

1. Bobbolink

Bobbolink New
    Builder

Homing fail could not find limit switch within search distance. Defind as 1.5* max-travel on search and 5* pulloff on locate phases [$H]. Machine position lost due to sudden and immediate halt Rehome highly recommended
    I rehomed the machine reloaded the job to be ran, but I am now having an issue with the Y axis travel for starting the job. The starting position is about 3 inches off. I have reset to zero all X,Y,Z settings still have the Y axis start problem. Any idea's for a solution to the problem.

2. sharmstr

sharmstr OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

If your machine wasnt homed before setting XYZ zero, or homing failed, then its going to be off.

Try this test:
    1 - Home
    2 - Probe your work (so it sets Work XYZ zero)
    3 - Home
    4 - Move to X0 Y0. Is it where it should be?

Regarding the homing fail, make sure you have the correct machine dimensions in grbl settings for $130, $131 and $132

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.
  3. Bobbolink

Bobbolink New
    Builder

Thank you for your assistance....been playing all day trying to figure out what changed on my Y axis settings. Takes this rusty old mind a while to work but I found the problem and got it working.

sharmstr likes this.