Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Acro Z-axis

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Puck Sangster, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Puck Sangster

Builder

Hello,

I am currently building a machine to measure coördinates in the X, Y and Z-axis. I think i can use the Acro 1510, this meets my X and Y requirements. For the Z-axis i am still looking, i found the C-beam linear actuator 250mm.
    Is it possible the put these two together?

What are other options for my (Z-axis) wishes? The requirements for my X = 1300mm Y=800mm and Z= 200mm working space.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

I would be leery of mounting that heavy of an actuator on acrylic plates. Acrylic is brittle and subject to cracking when stressed which can be caused by inertia and repetitive motion. I would be more inclined to use the metal plates as shown in this example. Note, these metal plates work with all sizes of V-slot, you're not limited to just the 20x80 rail as shown in the example. You may also want to flip the motor to the other side of the rail and this can be done using spacers and longer bolts.

There are also some lighter weight actuators that may be suitable for your concept that are also less expensive. ACTUATOR | OpenBuilds

3. Puck Sangster

Builder

Thank you very much!

So you say it is possible to use the C-beam linear actuator 250mm if i use the metal plates instead of acrylic plates?

Could you give a example of a lighter weigth actuator that is suitable for my concept?

Kind regards.

4. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Attached Files: