Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Accidental Z Axis crash x 2!

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by dezignit, Dec 29, 2020.

1. dezignit

dezignit New
    Builder

Hi, I've been fiddling with my workbee for a few days now and I am really enjoying the fact that I can now make my own stencils for building my musical instruments - amazing! Over these few days I have unfortunately crashed the Z axis on two occasions already. Nothing serious an no harm dome as there was no piece on the table at the time. I know how careful one needs to be and generally I am. However, on both occasions it was simply a case of my mouse "wandering" over from the X+ increment that I was pressing whilst checking over the cutter position at the same time. If this happens to be set to 100mm increments - then crash! I do not want to appear presumptuous, but would the developers of the OpenBuilds Control system consider moving the Z axis controls further away from the X and Y block or alternatively place it somewhere safely out of harms way. Another really nice option would be to be able to set the Z incremental jog rate independently of the X and Y.

2. Peter Van Der Walt

Peter Van Der Walt OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Refer to OpenBuilds CONTROL Software (added some space around the buttons in v1.0.267 just yesterday - please update)

Try getting used to Continuous jogging, no increments to worry about, it jogs until you let go of the button (;

Another option, consider using Keyboard jogging, just so much nicer to use than clicking buttons (;
    Wizards and Tools > Customize Shortcut Key Assignment to learn more

upload_2020-12-29_11-46-58.png

3. dezignit

dezignit New
    Builder

Ha, such an easy fix - when you know how. Thanks again Peter, much appreciated.

Peter Van Der Walt likes this.