Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

43mm Spindle Mount for 80mm Z-axis 2018-12-19

Spindle Mount for 43mm standard Spindles like Kress. Fit 80mm rails used on C-Beam machines

1. Martin.Barfoed

Martin.Barfoed Veteran
    Builder

Martin.Barfoed submitted a new resource:

43mm Spindle Mount for 80mm Z-axis - Spindle Mount for 43mm standard Spindles like Kress. Fit 80mm rails used on C-Beam machines

Read more about this resource...

2. Rob Mitchell

Rob Mitchell Veteran
    Builder

@Martin.Barfoed I recently ordered the 43 mm mount for my Kress but when I received it I realized the base part won't fit the 80mm c-beam on the new LEAD CNC. Is there an option to purchase just the base plate that fits the 80mm?

Thanks,

Rob

3. Martin.Barfoed

Martin.Barfoed Veteran
    Builder

Hi Rob, I will have some extra base plates made in case others like you want to exchange it to fit on 80mm. I hope to have the first batch some time in Jan. In the waiting period you can use the 60mm bracket. Just off set it 20mm - it should have minimal impact on your milling result. Cheers, Martin

4. Rob Mitchell

Rob Mitchell Veteran
    Builder

Ok, thanks for getting back to me.

5. Rob Mitchell

Rob Mitchell Veteran
    Builder

Martin, I'm having a hard time assembling as the two pins appear to be very tight. In your video where you show how interchangeable this is with the 20x60 plate, you appear to use the new pins instead of reusing the old pins. I did not receive any new pins.

6. Rob Mitchell

Rob Mitchell Veteran
    Builder

Update: I drilled 1mm holes at bottom of pin holes. This helped with air escape due to tight tolerance of the pin hole. Adding a little light machine oil also helped. Was able to get the back plate and bracket together. Not sure how hard it will be to separate but thats for another time.

7. Martin.Barfoed

Martin.Barfoed Veteran
    Builder

Hi Rob. Thanks for the update. The new brackets (and the base plate that you received) was anodized. Anondizing does influence the thickness a bit so maybe the base plate you got has a few micron more anodizing layer giving a super tight fit.

The idea of a air vent is great. I can include that in the next batch.
    Cheers, Martin

8. Rob Mitchell

Rob Mitchell Veteran
    Builder

Good day Martin,

Have you considered designing a mounting bracket that has the ability to make small precise adjustments for tramming the spindle so that it's square? I find that with the capability to adjust offset screws in the y,x,z axis that small adjustments over all these axis could lead to spindle that is out of tram and hard to correct. I also saw somewhere else a spindle/z-axis bracket that you could adjust the tram but that was for a more robust CNC machine.

Cheers,

Rob