Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

3D Printer problems?

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by jeffmorris, May 2, 2022.

1. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Journeyman
    Builder

I'm not sure if this is correct forum for help with 3D printer problems. The original controller board in my SainSmart Coreception 3D printer was bad and the extruder kept on jamming. I replaced the controller board and hotend. I thought that I fixed the problems until something went wrong while printing.

20220309_205727.jpg

I think that I set VREF too low or something is binding on the X and Y carriages.

Original Controller board: Makerbase control motherboard, MKS Robin Nano V1.2 for 3D printer, 32-bit, Marlin 2.0 3.5 tft compatible component, touch screen and preview function, Gcode| Accessories and parts of 3D printers| - AliExpress

New Controller board: Lerdge K2 kit | Most popular 3D printer board DIY kit – Lerdge Official Store

Stepper Motor Driver:LERDGE TMC2209 Stepper Driver – Lerdge Official Store

I can't find the specs on NEMA17 stepper motors.

How can I fix the problems? How should I lube the linear bearings?

2. JustinTime

JustinTime Veteran
    Builder

I had a similar problem on my printer. On mine it was, mainly, the Y axis. I figured that the TMC driver gets too hot and I didn't have a cooling fan on the drivers. I put a fan blowing directly on the drivers and now I have no more skips on any of the axies.

I had raised the amps on the Y axis to 1000 and I also have put some cooling fins on the motors. These ones.