Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

24V Meanwell Power Supply Question

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Rob Heckman, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Rob Heckman

Builder

I bought the 24V meanwell power supply and am running my black box controller and 3x Nema 23s. I am in the middle of upgrading to a water cooled spindle which has a 12vdc .08 amp pump and 12 vdc .8 A radiator fan. Since the meanwell has 2x 24 vdc outputs is it enough to power everything or should I buy the Meanwell 12V power supply to power my pump and radiator fan?

2. ljvb

ljvb Well-Known
    Builder

You should be fine. There is actually an output on the BB for pumps which you can use. You could connect the fan to the send PSU output but it would run permanent. You might be able to tie the fan into the same BB terminal that the pump is on as well.

3. Rob Heckman

Builder

I thought the BB output was only a 10V.

4. Rob Heckman

Builder

So looks like it is 24V @ 4A max controlled by M8/M9. I think that means I can put a step down on it to 24 > 12 volts.

5. Gary Caruso

Gary Caruso OpenBuilds Volunteer
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

The coolant output is 24v (same as input V) there is no 12v output on the BB. Run another PSU or get 24v hardware.
    Stepdown could work but, a low power 12v supply is just as cheap. check your junk drawer for a wall wart!

Cheers
    Gary

sharmstr likes this.