Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

110V spindle for 1515?

Discussion in 'CNC Projects' started by steve cau, Jul 16, 2022.

1. steve cau

steve cau New
    Builder

Hello ALL :)
    I just finished building my new lead 1515 and it came out very nice. Moving up from an Xcarve
    I would like to upgrade to a Spindle, water cooled 110V. I see a lot on amazon, could you wise people here suggest one that would work great on my 1515. Also which is good for the 1515, ER11 or ER20. I'm still learning and a bit new. I want the water cooled because I do a lot of very long 3d carvings and these small routers get super hot.

Thanks a million for any reply

Have a great week

PS. Thanks to openbuild people. Building this 1515 went perfect. Very nice system.

2. JustinTime

JustinTime Veteran
    Builder

I use a 110V air cooled spindle and it doesn't get hot at all but I have never tried to run it for hours at a time at full speed under heave load. If you don't stress to spindle too much, as in not cutting too deep on each pass, the air cooled would be fine.
    As for ER11 vs ER20, it's what you need. I use the ER11 since all my bits are 8mm or less. I don't plan to use a 1/2" bit. Maybe that's why my spindle never gets hot! :D

sharmstr and Rick 2.0 like this.