Current Version: 13This new machine takes everything I wanted in a CNC and combines it together. Look at the features section to see why. After some work, i'm proud to release the:
I have been looking to build a CNC machine for a while, one that I could place in my local school so that it could be used by the engineering students. As well as for my after-school engineering club. After many months of searching I came upon the OX, I thought that was going to be the choice I made. Then, in the middle of a volleyball game I receive a notification. The notification that the OpenBuilds masterminds had created a new product. At first it didn't seem like much until I realized I had just found I way to improve the already amazing OX.
OpenBuilds CAndCI named it the CAndC due to the fact that it uses C-Beam, and my name is Conn. It seemed to fit.
Open Source CNC Router Build
By: Conn Widtfeldt
Based on work by Mark Carew
- Large cutting area - 750mm x 750mm - can be customized to fit your needs.
- Super strong movement - ACME threaded rods for accuracy and strength.
- Taller Z-Axis - Allows for more depth, etc.
- Cut surfaces you cant fit on the cutting area - Remove the spoiler board, and use the long Z-Axis to cut materials to big to fit on the machine.
- And More! That I cant remember at the moment...
I will be adding build videos when I have saved enough money to build the machine. I work with a professional videographer who has volunteered to help make some sexy looking build videos.
Thanks for reading! I hope that I can make this a reality and get it in to your hands ASAP!
Website - Work in Progress!
More Information Coming Soon!
OpenBuilds CAndC - CNC Machine
A new derivative of the famous OX CNC, with increases strength, rigidity, and accuracy.
- Build License:
- CC - Attribution Share Alike - CC BY SA
Reason for this BuildNeeded a strong, CNC, will good repeat-ability. Then, C-Beam was released during my search. So, I decided to make my own!
Inspired byMark Carews OX CNC