Here is a super rugged and strong easy to assemble C-Beam XL Actuator System to help inspire some build ideas.
This is by no means all that can be done with C-Beam. In fact, this is only scratching the surface of the possibilities and this is just an idea we came up with quickly to share.
You are encouraged to experiment/mix and match and see what combinations of OpenBuilds Parts you can come up with to create awesome actuators for your projects.
This OpenBuilds C-Beam XL Linear Actuator is the backbone of a lot of the awesome builds put together by the OpenBuilds community so we added them to the list of available actuators.
- It uses the Xtreme Solid V Wheels
- Wheels on the outside of the C-Beam for a wider spacing for added strength.
- Can be mounted as an XY system
- Is available in multiple sizes and colors
- Travel for the 250mm version is 115mm.
- Travel for the 500mm version is 365mm.
- Travel for the 1000mm version is 885mm.If your interested in purchasing C-Beam® XL Actuators and Parts please click here.
Easy to build C-Beam XL actuators build video.
TIP: These SketchUp models can easily be placed into your own SketchUp builds by copying and pasting them. You can open two instances of SketchUp at the same time and copy and paste from one to another!
This makes it very easy to move models around from different saved models.
Simple XY C-Beam™ XL System
By combining two of these actuators at 90 degrees you can connect them together using (8) 12mm screws to create a nice X/Y System
Grab your Bundle Pack Today and Start Your Build!
-For your convenience and ease of purchase this Build is available as a Parts Bundle-
C-Beam XL Nema 23 Actuator
This OpenBuilds C-Beam XL actuator is the backbone of a lot of the awesome builds put together by the OpenBuilds community
- Build License:
- CC - Attribution - CC BY
Reason for this BuildFor a stronger alternative to the standard C-Beam actuator.