Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Wiring help and questions

Discussion in 'General Electronics' started by Julius, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Julius

Julius Well-Known
    Builder

In a week, I'll be making my electronics box and setting up the new machine!
    1)Does anyone know where to wire the PWM and Spin Ena pins on a HuanYang VFD? What is the voltage on the PWM anyways? 5V?

1. I'd like 2 types of coolant on my relay, one is a vacuum (simply switches a power bar from NO to closed) and the other will be a compressor line for milling metals. This may be easier to just do manually, honestly. just asking.

2. Can I have the other relay control the stepper motors PSU? It'd be cool to have the whole box basically shut itself off via the arduino. Any pin option for that? If not, I'll just use a on/off toggle.
    4)How does the feed hold pin work? I'd like to add my E-stop button, but without just losing power to the drives and my work position. The switch has one NO and one NC circuit, so if there was some way I can have it Feed hold when I engage the switch, then reset when I pop the switch out? Is that possible or will it just constantly reset itself as long as the circuit is complete.

Thanks!

Here is my current wiring set up: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

please comment here so everything is in one spot
    Pins options + Spindle Wiring · Issue #244 · gnea/grbl · GitHub

2. Anthony Bolgar

Anthony Bolgar Journeyman
    Builder

3. Julius

Julius Well-Known
    Builder

Nope. Says exactly that it doesn't cover the PWM

4. Anthony Bolgar

Builder

5. Julius

Julius Well-Known
    Builder

Looks like a dead group :(

I got most of it sorted out now anyways. Just need to sort out my power switches

6. Anthony Bolgar

Builder

Glad to hear you have it sorted out. Can you make a simple write up on how you did it?

7. Julius

Julius Well-Known
    Builder

Took some help and googling the right terms. Reading the manual helped. Ill post it all when the machine is done or someone asks.