Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

The FOX

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Nickies, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Nickies

Nickies New
    Builder

Nickies published a new build:

Read more about this build...

2. Tweakie

Tweakie OpenBuilds Team

The Fox is good - I look forward to hearing about your new build @Nickies.

Tweakie.

3. Nickies

Nickies New
    Builder

Thanks @Tweakie. I've already learned the original parts list for the OX is in need of an update so I've got to order some extra parts. Secondly, I've learned it is very difficult to smoothly affix the belts to the v-slot with epoxy. Now I need to get a good two sided tape.....and one side of my 2080 extrusions can't be used for the dual belt setup. Oops

4. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Nickies, after some preliminary testing, I'm pretty happy with this stuff. Its about the right thickness where the wheels keep the upper belt snug against the bottom one. It does take a few days to get it to bond to the belts however but I'm not sure if anything else will stick any better. Belts are just a low surface energy material and don't take adhesives well. Clean the belt well before applying.

5. Nickies

Nickies New
    Builder

I was wondering which type of tape would be best. Thanks @Rick 2.0 for the suggestion! I'll have to put in an order for some. The worst thing about where I live is having to order everything that I need because all suppliers here sell industrial quantiles of stuff because they supply the mines.

6. Paruk

Paruk Journeyman
    Builder

I used power glue for the belts onto the profiles. It works very well and the belts are still there.