Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Small Brushless Spindle

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Adam Filipowicz, May 31, 2017.

1. Adam Filipowicz

Adam Filipowicz Journeyman
    Builder

Looking to get a Small brushless Spindle instead of a Dewalt Router, as I want to keep noise to a minimum, curious if anyone has any recommendations.. Ive seen many 400W chinese spindles on ebay.

2. Jonathon Duerig

Jonathon Duerig Journeyman
    Builder

My current CNC build is a frankenstein monster with mostly Openbuilds parts, a CNC Router Parts rack and pinion drive, and an Inventables spindle and spindle mount. The Inventables quiet cut spindle and mount work great and mount easily to my V-Slot Z-Axis.

Note that quiet is relative. The spindle itself is very quiet. But it still makes a good deal of noise when cutting. Add in a vacuum or dust collector and you still need to wear ear protection.

-Jonathon Duerig

Sonny Lowe likes this.
  3. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

My Makita router is very quiet...until I start cutting.

Sonny Lowe likes this.
  4. GrayUK

GrayUK Openbuilds Team Elder
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

I know it has been mentioned before, with regard to sound proofing cabinets, but maybe we should start a new thread concentrating on just that, so as to get all relevant designs, models and sizes in one place. I know I will be needing to design one for my next 1000 x 1500 machine, in the not too distant future, and have managed to get hold of some second hand double glazed units for it. :)
    Gray
    P.S. I have in fact created a new thread, so please contribute there. :thumbsup:
    Many Thanks