Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Shapeoko 3 Custom Enclosure

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Nickolae, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Nickolae

Nickolae New
    Builder

Hi there,

I am new to this forum and I was encouraged to share my most recent CNC creation!

I got a Shapeoko 3 from Carbide 3D not too long ago and the first thing I always do with my new machines is build a dust/noise enclosure.
    Here is my build log for the for-mentioned enclosure! DIY CNC Router Enclosure
    [​IMG]

GrayUK likes this.
  2. Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0 OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Yeah, I noticed your project on Instructables this morning. Rather ingenious using a stock shelving unit as the frame for the system. :thumbsup:

3. Nickolae

Nickolae New
    Builder

Thanks! Whenever I have built enclosures for myself or others, I have always started from scratch, this time I wanted to see how easy and efficient I could make this build. Using a prefab frame seemed like a good idea and it turned out pretty well!

4. GrayUK

GrayUK Openbuilds Team Elder
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Looks excellent! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Do the doors let down the noise aspect of the build?
    Looks good! Well done. :D
    Think I may need something similar for my machine. :rolleyes:

Gray

5. Nickolae

Nickolae New
    Builder

Thank you! Yeh so they do not isolate the noise that well. But they do reduce the noise to a level that you can be in the same room as it and talk to someone across the room normally which is good. They also change the profile of he sound for an irritating roar you normally get from a Dewalt router to a much lower pitch which is good.

6. GrayUK

GrayUK Openbuilds Team Elder
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Still very good though. Mine will be 1000 x1000, so it's going to be a big enclosure!
    Plus I plan to have the Vacuum and air lines fed from above, on a sliding gantry, similar to what Robert Bailey else has done on his.
    It is the, easy access, to the moving flatbed that becomes a problem when enclosing this machine.
    But I think it needs to be done.
    Gray

Nickolae likes this.