Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Need an Extremly Stripped Down GRBL Controller

Discussion in 'Control Software' started by sentein, Jun 14, 2016.

1. sentein

sentein New
    Builder

I am looking for an application that can be used by basically anyone. I have a features list that it needs to have.

Load G-Code file
    Step and Repeat function
    Counter for the Step and Repeat function
    Maybe a simple Calculator
    A Home and a Start Button

I am attempting to use GRBL on a machine at work and need a hand. I need an operator to be able to select a file to cut. No one needs to see any of the code. I do not want Jog Buttons at all.

The step and repeat i was hoping to have a field in the display for how many total identical pieces to cut. My thought was to insert the G92 Command in place of the M30 command for the set amount of numbers presented in the field. This number would be input by the operator. After every G92 command the G-Code would restart. Then once the Counter in the field is met the M30 command takes effect again stopping the cut operation.

The Calculator is not a must, just a thought for ease of use for the operator.

The Home Button would use Limit switches/Hard Limits to zero the machine.
    The Start Button would start the cutting operation after the setup is complete.

I know that sounds dumb, but i am trying to get this to match the function of a horribly outdated program and controller that is about 25 years old. Is there anything out there that has this kind of functionality? If not how would i go about creating one or having someone create one?

2. Julius

Julius Well-Known
    Builder

use the Ultimate GCode sender, platform version. You can simply remove the jog commands. There is an assistance add on where you can pre-load files for easy swapping.