Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

My first run

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Neil Everhart, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Neil Everhart

Neil Everhart Well-Known
    Builder

Just to say hello and introduce myself. I am a Hackintosh builder and thought for a long time that there must be a better way (cut close to the line and finish with hand files). The CBEAM unit seems to be the answer.

I now have my system up and have worried about the table level and have it down to about 0.020" and was able to run the indian head plot.
    [​IMG]
    Next up is building a case for the electronics to keep out dust and metal chips and then a learning curve to learn how to make the most of this machine.

I thank the OpenBuilds Part Store for a complete kit... not one missing item.

Good modding,
    neil

David the swarfer and GrayUK like this.
  2. Neil Everhart

Neil Everhart Well-Known
    Builder

I use black ABS panels for a good portion of the case builds that I do and was concerned with cutting ABS. So my first cut today was this one.

[​IMG]
    and I am very pleased with the results. I actually had to run this twice as the material is about 0.177 inch and the cut file was set for 0.125. I used the software tools to mod the cam file for the material thickness and re-ran the cut.

Now onto building a case for the electronics... Then something to contain the chips.

Good modding,
    neil

GrayUK likes this.