Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Multipass not working

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by jbell, Dec 21, 2016.

1. jbell

jbell Well-Known
    Builder

Finely figured out how to get the Gcode into tinyg. Should have watched the sketchucam video more closely. I entered a drawing with holes and counterbores and ran the machine without the bit and it worked great except on the rest of the operation it did it in one cut. As a test I used a material depth of 2" and the multipass depth as 1/8th" and it still does it in one cut. I went to the defaults and changed the multipass setting from false to true but it's still doing it in one pass. The default setting is 1/16 for multipass depth.

Checked the forums but can't find a solution. I'm so close to getting this into operation. My wife will be glad to get it off the dinning room table.

Just need a bit more help.

Thanks

2. jbell

jbell Well-Known
    Builder

3. jbell

jbell Well-Known
    Builder

Solved the problem. Just needed to click the "generate multipass" in the perimeters box.

Works just great now.

GrayUK likes this.
  4. GrayUK

GrayUK Master
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Well done jbell. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. :thumbsup:
    I bet you knew it was going to be something like that. :rolleyes: I've lost count of how many times that sort of thing has happened to me. :)
    Thanks for telling us though, because there is someone out there, just waiting to do the same thing! :thumbsup:
    Gray