Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Project Mario Tea Kettle Trivet

Discussion in 'CNC Projects' started by Kyo, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Kyo

Kyo Veteran
    Staff Member Builder Resident Builder

Cross posting here and in the c-beam thread, more folks should post all the cool things they make here in the showcase forum ! Everyone's projects are a huge inspiration...

My very first cnc cut project, So exciting. Will post updates after I have it painted and sealed. :)

[​IMG]

2. Kyo

Kyo Veteran

Thanks, It came out way cleaner then my expectations for my first machining job. I did sand the outside edge to remove the four hold down tabs I used to keep the piece in place while it was being cut out. No sanding was done to the interior pocket. The base of the pocket and the interior vertical walls are "as cut". I used a 1/8" single flute up cut flat nose carbide endmill.

3. Giarc

Giarc OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

That looks so cool. My kids would love the Mario themed stuff. I really need to finish mine.

4. Kyo

Kyo Veteran

Thanks. Yeah, the 1-up mushroom is built into the easel web software, I have been trying a few free cam options to see what fits into my work flow best. ( easel / sketchucam and 360 ).. I might draw up a few NES / SNES Mario and Zelda icons to route out. Just started to play around with inkscape to learn to make my own vector svg files.

eddiejr and Giarc like this.