Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

LCD Based SLA Resin Printer

Discussion in '3D printers' started by evilc66, May 3, 2016.

1. evilc66

evilc66 Journeyman
    Builder

I haven't. I haven't really thought about building more than the one or two units for myself.

2. evilc66

evilc66 Journeyman
    Builder

So, it only took them 3 weeks :rolleyes: but I have a valid tracking number for the LCDs. Now we play the waiting game while the package is in shipping limbo.

3. evilc66

evilc66 Journeyman
    Builder

At least DHL is fast. Got notification this morning that they should be here on Monday.

4. evilc66

evilc66 Journeyman
    Builder

[​IMG]

Yay! Everything showed up yesterday, and in one piece! They were even nice enough to throw in two HDMI cables and two USB cables.

@Nomis, I think you will be ok ordering from these guys. They did a good job packaging everything, and once the confusion about the first shipment was sorted out, they got it out pretty quick.

Going to try to fire them up tonight.

5. nano

nano New
    Builder

Great notices evil, send photos onve you start with the lcd.....

Today i recibe this ones..

tehy have two circuits of 24 each, will be work??

Attached Files:

6. evilc66

evilc66 Journeyman
    Builder

It will work. You will have to find out how each section is wired. You will need to find out how many LEDs are in series, and how many of those series strings are in parallel. This will determine the driver you will need. It's highly unlikely that each side will have all 24 LEDs in series.

7. Mysta

Mysta New
    Builder

How are the LCD looking evilc66?

8. evilc66

evilc66 Journeyman
    Builder

So far so good

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both were detected flawlessly by Windows 10 on the Intel NUC I have. What impressed me was that it was running the 2k screens as well as the 4k screen I have too. Didn't bat an eye.

I will work on getting NanoDLP on a Raspberry Pi here soon so that I can make sure that there are no issues moving forward.

9. Mysta

Mysta New
    Builder

Sweet! Well I got my Duplicator 7 in now so I have something to tinker with before I build the larger one. If you need any info from it let me know!

10. evilc66

evilc66 Journeyman
    Builder

Cool. That printer is going to sell like crazy. My ONO printer should be shipping soon.

11. nano

nano New
    Builder

Evil, i see that they have two 24 serial circuits, the 24 leds on each circuit are in series... how can i determine the correct driver for 3w led?

12. evilc66

evilc66 Journeyman
    Builder

That's a little unusual. Typically, something like this would be broken up into shorter series strings with more of them in parallel (like 2 parallel strings of 12, 3 parallel strings of 8, 4 parallel strings of 6), as lower voltage, higher current drivers are far more common.

With 24 LED at an average of 3.2v per LED at 350mA (fairly common for cheaper Chinese LEDs), you would need an LED driver with a max voltage of about 77v. With both sides of the board put in parallel, you would need a driver capable of 700mA. One option that would work is the Meanwell HLG-60H-C700B. Runs about $31 here in the US, and is dimmable (a 100K linear potentiometer across the dim wires will work great).

There are other options out there, but Meanwell has a good reputation.

13. nano

nano New
    Builder

Thanks a lot evil, will see all options....

What about your lcd? Did you do same testing??

14. evilc66

evilc66 Journeyman
    Builder

Other than powering them up, I haven't done anything more with them. I'm a little strapped for time right now, as we are getting our house ready for sale (it always seems like free time to tinker is always just out of reach)

What I haven't told you guys is that I bought a selection of UV/violet 30W LEDs to play with (375nm, 385nm, 395nm, and 405nm). I plan on recreating a similar setup to the Wanhao D7 to see how much light actually makes it through the LCD at different wavelengths. I'm pretty sure that the UV LEDs will have most of their light blocked, but it will be fun to see by how much. This will be a fun experiment with the Makerjuice G+.

15. nano

nano New
    Builder

30W?????:eek::eek:

16. evilc66

evilc66 Journeyman
    Builder

Same power as the LED in the Wanhao D7, which is why I picked it. I was tempted to pick up the 50W versions too, but they were a lot more expensive.

17. Mysta

Mysta New
    Builder

18. ComicBit

ComicBit New
    Builder

Hello guys,
    I've read the WHOLE thing here, is awesome.
    I'm interested on buy a mine too but honestly i've not idea if it can work good.
    I have a plenty of question but i see that you guys are super busy so i don't want to put all my question over you.
    I hope just to see any progress on your builds

19. evilc66

evilc66 Journeyman
    Builder

No progress. I was sick at the beginning of the week, and now I'm out of town on business through Friday. Also, selling the house is putting a damper on tinkering. Once I'm in the new house it's full steam ahead (until the honey-do list appears for the new place)

20. evilc66

evilc66 Journeyman
    Builder

Ask away. We are all figuring this out as we go along. My progress may be slow, but I'm researching all the time.

21. ComicBit

ComicBit New
    Builder

Just a little idea: EL Panels for backlight. Will be maybe possible to find an UV EL Panel?

22. evilc66

evilc66 Journeyman
    Builder

I don't think that you can get UV EL panels, but even if you could, the intensity is too low. You would have better luck with the stock backlight for the LCD.

23. TeeKay

TeeKay New
    Builder

Wow, just went through the entire 11 pages :D

Love the build so far, but a bit confused about all the backlights, wavelengts, etc. If i just wanted to make a simple amchine to get familiar with LCD based SLA would this work?

So for linear motion for example, we have ball screw, linear rail, stepper, ramps, stepper driver + frame for the entire thing.

For resins, i was looking at Photocentric daylight curable resins, ipad3 screen, board do connect that to HDMI and then RPi for driving the display - would that work? Would the 5.5" screen be a better choice? Not looking to make it fast or big just yet.

24. Mysta

Mysta New
    Builder

Evil will prob be able to answer better but from my understanding yes you can use daylight cure resins and just a regular LCD. I'm not sure how great the speed will be but it'll work.(Look at the ONO)

25. AS-3DDruck

Builder

26. Mysta

Mysta New
    Builder

First print off the D7! [​IMG]

27. ComicBit

ComicBit New
    Builder

Is already cleaned up?

28. Mysta

Mysta New
    Builder

I didn't clean it up, so no, lol. I'm still learning all the processes with resin printer.

29. ComicBit

ComicBit New
    Builder

You have to rinse it before on Isopropanol and after just in clean water. Also don't touch this **** with your hands uncovered. :p
    It looks good but please clean it for see details!

PS: clean it asap before the liquid resin get cured on the object. Plus after the cleaning you have to cure for a couple of hours the thing on a UV lamp like the one for nails

30. Mysta

Mysta New
    Builder

I did clean it off with IPA but only like rinsed it didn't scrub, then I put it under a UV lamp. So I'm not sure if it would have helped to scrub or not but I plan on trying. I still need to dial in my settings in NanoDLP.