Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Lautr3k

Discussion in '3D printers' started by skarab, Jan 7, 2014.

1. ronniebelmar

Builder

has anyone tried making a bowden extruder with a tube? I wanted to reduce the mass on the head. I figured this was a better set up and was wondering if anyone has tried it and can advise.

Thx

Attached Files:

2. ronniebelmar

Builder

no takers. this is what I am thinking, any feedback is appreciated

Attached Files:

3. Kyo

Kyo Veteran
    Staff Member Builder Resident Builder

I have always ran direct drive extruders so I do not have much to offer in experience. I say go for it and let us know how it turns out!

4. ronniebelmar

Builder

the issue I am dealing with is filament routing. Either the spool sits up high or some elaborate routing or I change the top feed. Thinking Ill stay with direct drive for now.

Attached Files:

5. Ovidiu Sopa

Builder

Hello guys,

I ordered the leadscrews from ebay, the price seemed very good compared to thew ones in the BOM file , I hope those will work just as fine.
    [​IMG]

Now I wanted to order the motors , the link in the BOM file suggests kl17h247-150-4a motor wich has a very good price, but it was weird to me that the rated voltage is only 4.2v ? Arent most of NEMA17 motors run on 12v ? http://www.automationtechnologiesin...-stepper-motor-kl17h247-150-4a-for-3d-printer

Is this motor capable of 150mm travel speed ?

I think I will connect the Al. profiles using milled aluminium parts, as I really like how the printer made by Robert Hummel . I have the CNC to mill the Al plates, just need time :D

Have a nice weekend guys.

#485 Ovidiu Sopa, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    Kyo likes this.
  6. Kyo

Kyo Veteran

:thumbsup: Awesome, Look forward to seeing your build progress.

7. Ovidiu Sopa

Builder

It will be a slow progress, but I won;t give up now, if I started now to purchase some parts I will invest monthly for parts for this printer / laser cutter.

The motors I specified, and you guys specified in the BOM file, are ok ? 4.2v ?

8. Kyo

Kyo Veteran

Yes, those motors are okay. I am using the same KL17H248-15-4A motors for all my extruders and for the Y, X-axis on my lautr3k. I am using the shorter 17HS16-2004S for my Z-axis. However the KL17H248-15-4A motors can also be used for the Z-axis but you will need to use a taller motor mount like I posted "Here"

9. Ovidiu Sopa

Builder

Kyo likes this.
  10. WinterKill

Builder

I'm really hoping to build one of these this year. What control boards and firmware are being used? Is it difficult to tune them to all the different lead screws that are being used?

11. Ovidiu Sopa

Builder

Happy Christmas to you all !

After 4 years I finally had time to start building the 3D printer, I went on the same path as @Robert Hummel making all the parts from aluminum sheets, now the mechanical parts are almost finished, I just need to mill the X plates.

Yesterday I mounted the MKS Gen 1.4 board and the power supply, uploaded the firmware and powered on (I needed to cut the LCD connectors so I can mount them in the reverse position, only after cutting the notch on the connector, it worked).

UPDATE. I figured out in the end that the pitch of the leadscrew was 2.5 centimeters , I got the same as @Lluis (Leadscrew 10 start, 10 O.D. 2.5 pitch 20" length with anit-backlash nut). I now google for more informations, found a calculator , will see if it works

Leadscrew 10 start, 10 O.D. 2.5 pitch 20" length with anit-backlash nut | eBay

Attached Files:

#491 Ovidiu Sopa, Dec 24, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  12. Marcelo Lafarciola

Builder

Please what is the Lead Screw? Because i didnt found with 25mm pitch! Can i use this one (encurtador.com.br/djrBJ)?

13. Ovidiu Sopa

Builder

@Marcelo Lafarciola Your link doesn't work, it redirects to the encurtador homepage

The item I purchased on ebay is not available anymore but I think you can order directly from the manufacturer Home

Unfortunately I can't tell you a part number, this was the description of the item I purchased :

Code:
    LEAD SCREW

10mm Dia

25 Lead

10 Start

End shaft              5mm O.D.         2.3" length

Ends shaft            7mm O.D.          .5" length

Over all Length of screw is 469.6mm

Thread length of screw is 455.6mm

This screw was made for these motors eBay # 161749828198

3D Printer/CNC/Robot/Actuators
    This is the ebay link: Leadscrew 10 start, 10 O.D. 2.5 pitch 20" length with anit-backlash nut | eBay , there are some part numbers in the listing, but I googled for those and couldn't find anything, maybe you can search for those part numbers on PBC Linear website

I'm very happy so far with my build, it's a bit more noisy than a belt driven printer, but maybe I can fix the noise by using other drivers, like TMC. My printer it's only noisy when it's printing at low speed, like 500mmps, when it's printing with the speed I like most, 80 - 100mmps, the noise is minimal. (I use 80 - 100mmps for inner walls, infill, and 50 - 60mmps for outer wall)

I'm also happy regarding the ability to easily change "printer heads", I used 24p ATX connectors, and each head has it's own connector, with only the needed pins connected.

IMG_0150 (2).JPG

Now I'm waiting for the diamond head to arrive, as I'm not happy with the head I made, with dual nozzles, at the same height, for printing dual colors, or one PETG filament + PVA soluble filament.

I hope the problems I have with the dual nozzle setup will be solved by a single nozzle - 3 filament diamond head.