Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

High Voltage, compact PWM control circuit

Discussion in 'Interfaces' started by Public Do Omens, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Public Do Omens

Guest Builder

http://www.rmcybernetics.com/shop/cyber-circuits/pulse-generators/PWM-OCmi

Can control mains power with relay.

Input Voltage: 12 to 30V
    Max switching voltage: 300V
    Max continuous current: 3.5A
    Frequency: 0 to 100kHz (requires fitting of capacitors for full frequency range)
    Duty: 0 to 100%
    Tiny 45mm x 50mm footprint!

Price: £21.99

This is better for CNC projects with less then 50V

http://www.rmcybernetics.com/shop/cyber-circuits/pulse-generators/PWM-OCm
    • Input Voltage: 12 to 30V
    • Max switching voltage: 75V
    • Max continuous current: 8A*
    • Frequency: 0 to 100kHz**
    • Duty: 0 to 100%
    • Tiny 45mm x 50mm footprint!
    • Fully assembled and tested before shipping
    Price: £19.99

2. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known
    Builder

That's an 8A circuit. Pretty cool but people like to say 75V but they don't tell you that at 75V you only get 0.01A and at 0.01V you get 8A. If you're looking to control mains power, they are rated at 20A for 120V for 2400W. A single light bulb might be 60W. My hot water heater is 1800W and has it's own circuit.

ADARKGERM2 likes this.
  3. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known
    Builder

Dude you got banned for saying the F word prolly. I agree you should've been warned first. I think you can talk about people with no problem but kuss words get the admins all banny. Lol, glad you're back. Hang in there and keep up the good fight.

4. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known
    Builder

Also it's better to start a new thread about things like this rather than post here about something off-topic. They call it hijacking a thread. It just means to start a new thread because the topic is different that the original post. Like you're saying you got banned for a post and the admins didn't warn you and that's a totally valid point but this thread is about high voltage switches or something like that.

5. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known
    Builder

Well u know I'm just a user and have no admin powers but I can say that the admins have been really open and honest in my experience and these issues you mention are very serious and should be looked at. I kinda felt the presence of sock-puppets when the UK guys were all like "hey my-site-dot-com" sells these kits and "oh wow your-site-dot-com" is the bestest ever.

6. bobt

bobt Well-Known
    Builder

All I can say on the problem that ADARKGERM2 has is "It is Mark's site and what he says go's <period>" He is not being repressive just responsible to the community about how business is done.

Bob

7. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

After being contacted by multiple users with complaints regarding inappropriate posts and reading them ourselves, it became clear that a prompt and professional response was necessary. Therefore, we banned this user.