Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Have a design, but where to share?

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by derekm, May 17, 2017.

1. derekm

derekm New
    Builder

A basic query,
    I have a design for a drum coffee roaster I wish to share. I have sketchup & autocad files for steel cutting and in the process of fabricating.

The platform here looks good but the subject, a coffee roaster, is a little out of place. I could share here but can anyone suggest a more appropriate site ?

2. Jonathon Duerig

Jonathon Duerig Journeyman
    Builder

If I were in your shoes, I'd not feel any qualms about posting it here. One of the downsides of many maker communities is the focus on building machines-that-make-other-things rather than on ideas for how to actually construct directly useful items. CNC routers and 3d printers and such are really neat. But they are only as neat as the projects that can be made with them. And there seems to be a lot more ink spilled on how to create one than on cool things to build that they might be able to help with.

So I'd love to see more builds here like yours. And who knows, if you inspire others to make their own coffee roaster builds, the mods might create a coffee roaster category or you might even spark a brand new DIY coffee roaster community. :)

Edit: Following your link, I see there is already a DIY coffee roaster community. But cross-posting onto a more general site like this still seems reasonable. Especially if you have good pictures as you actually make the thing come to life. Seeing a CAD file actually becoming reality is always a fascinating process.

-D

CiaraB likes this.
  3. Joe Santarsiero

Joe Santarsiero OB addict
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Hang in there guys.
    Screenshot_2017-05-17-17-11-58.png

CiaraB likes this.
  4. CiaraB

CiaraB Guest
    Guest Builder

Hello. Thank you for posting.

We would love to see your Build posted on OpenBuilds.com!

As stated above, we are currently working hard on an innovative new project-related addition to the OpenBuilds website.

We hope this information helps and we appreciate your support!

Thank you,
    OpenBuilds Team