Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

H-Bot CoreXY Cube with Fixed Build Plate-

Discussion in '3D printers' started by TomH, Apr 3, 2015.

1. TomH

TomH Well-Known
    Builder

No, they are from robotdigg. They are slightly smaller which was exactly what I needed with my idler arrangement and they are a lot cheaper - they look nice too in gold!

2. TomH

TomH Well-Known
    Builder

Oh, I forgot to note that I hit my build size target! Tested mechanical movement limits were X:450mm, Y:402mm, and Z:400mm - not too shabby using all 500mm length rails! Please note that the 450mm X travel was intended to allow for a full 400mm build size while using a quad extruder (in my case it was planned for dual e3D chimera or cyclops though I am currently just using a single e3D chimera for dual color printing). Hope to print soon - just haven't had much time to spend working on it and got sidetracked by trying to get a piezo sensor auto level sensor circuit working....

3. Adam Filipowicz

Adam Filipowicz Journeyman
    Builder

Cant wait to see how this ends up. I want to do the same thing

4. JohnH

JohnH New
    Builder

Hey Tom,

Been following this build since the start and love it. I am currently building the Vulcanus CoreXY simply because it is cheap and loved the idea that a 16 year old designed it. However, I am about to complete it and will want a bigger and more rigid design, much like yours or I should say the way you would have done it if you were to start again (4 ball screws and what not.) I wanted to design my own, but why reinvent the wheel on this, the way you are building it is exactly the way I have been envisioning building my own... So what I was wondering is if you have a BOM or plan to put one together? I, more or less, am interested in the mechanical parts, all the electronics I already have figured out and already purchased.

5. TomH

TomH Well-Known
    Builder

Today is the first time I have worked on it in over a month...Hopefully will be trying a calibration cube tonight...

Anyway, I'm not sure this BOM is accurate but it is what I started with (see attached). If I were to do it again, as noted, I would go the 4 ball screw route (may change my lead screws eventually). I would also probably change my gantry attachment and screw belts as implemented here (CoreXY W/ Fixed Build Plate & Enclosure | OpenBuilds) - this arrangement looks like it would be much easier to align than mine - he borrowed from my build and improved upon it in some ways - his screw belt arrangement is worth a look as well...

Attached Files:

6. Adam Filipowicz

Adam Filipowicz Journeyman
    Builder

So hows the print quality been. any issues?

7. TomH

TomH Well-Known
    Builder

I actually haven't worked on it since the last post - a combination of issues has help me up: most of my time was spent with a High School robotics team in preparation for a qualifier event :nailbite:, then a firmware bug in my control board (now supposedly fixed) stopped it just short of printing :banghead:, and then an emergency trip to an eye surgeon for a retinal tear caused by an airbag deployment from hitting a deer :blackeye:... Anyway, hope to finally get there this weekend!

Merry Christmas!