Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Gantry Type CNC with Makita Router

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by Rick Holder, May 16, 2017.

1. Rick Holder

Rick Holder Well-Known
    Builder

Rick Holder published a new build:

Read more about this build...

2. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Resident Builder Project Maker Builder

Great job on this Build @Rick Holder thank you for the share :thumbsup:

3. Rick Holder

Rick Holder Well-Known
    Builder

Thank you Mark for you comment and Ryan for the likes. Has anyone else used the iOS app 'Replicantis' (free to play with and one off cost is about £4.00 to export the code) for designing parts and creating Gcode? I think it is brilliant due to its easy to use features, especially the virtual visualiser and an all in one work flow. When I started to get into CNC I was surprised that it needed at least three bits of different software to run. Replicantis is 'cool' and hope others builders will have a look. Just to note, I am not connected in any way to the developer of the app.

4. Giarc

Giarc Master
    Builder

Cool! Too bad it is only iOS and not available in other formats.

5. Rick Holder

Rick Holder Well-Known
    Builder

Hi Giarc, yes me too. If I knew how to programme I would want to make a cross platform open source all in one program with the ability to send the code straight to the machine. It would have a customisable, touchable graphics interface that you could pick and choose options applicable to your machine. Makers could share their options too via downloadable plugins. If there is already one, please let me know!