Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

DIY 40w laser

Discussion in 'Laser Cutters' started by kev20009, Jan 26, 2017.

1. kev20009

kev20009 New
    Builder

Hi guys looking for little advice, I'm on the completion stage of my build, 40w co2 bed size 650x450mm, using the awc608 laser control and laser cad software, when I first started the build I planed on using some nema 23 motors, these where going to be used on a cnc build but never used them, these are wired parallel 4.2 amps and 1.8nm, 200 steps 1.8 angle, now the build side went smooth but where I get stuck is the working out of numbers,

Belt is 10mm wide with 5mm pitch, pulley 20tooth, laser cad is like mach3 for setting motors, but I can only run the motors at 3200 steps on the drivers, cut sizes a good after a little tweaking, I'm wondering if these motors are to big or ok as they are, as other laser cutters I've seen seem to swing the x gantry at 500ms looks fast but I can run mine at 800ms and does not look very fast to me,

Any advise you could give guys on if the motors are ok or if I should change, thanks guys kev
    Photos coming very soon.

2. kev20009

kev20009 New
    Builder

If any one could give some help, was thinking if I need to put a smaller 23 motor something like 2 amps