Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

CRH C-BEAM

Discussion in 'CNC Mills/Routers' started by chenderson, Feb 28, 2017.

1. chenderson

Builder

2. matt_o_70

matt_o_70 New
    Builder

Some very nice upgrades.. I really like the wheel spacer concept and the bracket for the spindle - Nice. I'll keep an eye out to see if you share your designs here.

what size spindle are you using and would you recommend you supplier? I can't wait to get rid of my router noise but still considering size options .8 or 1.5 KW etc.

chenderson likes this.
  3. chenderson

Builder

I'm using a 1.5kw 65mm water cooled spindle and VFD combo from solar.jean ebay seller. I'm very happy with it so far. Probably have 100 hours of run time on it without issues. I think I opted for the "4 german bearing" model. Very quiet. I looked at the .8 and it is the same physical size as the 1.5 so I am not sure if the VFD is just programmed to over power it or what. Overall happy with the purchase.

4. chenderson

Builder

Just uploaded sketchup and stl files for the spindle clamp. These are for the 65mm 1.5kw chinese spindle.

Attached Files:

Derekz likes this.
  5. chenderson

Builder

Uploaded Sketchup and stl files for v-wheel reinforcement plates. Use the inner/outer 7mm to replace 6mm spacer plus 1mm precision shim. Use the middle 9mm plate to replace 6mm + 3mm spacers. Use the outer z axis plate to add extra set of v-wheels on the z axis.

Derekz likes this.