Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

C-Beam Machine Xlarge Mechanical Bundle from the Parts store

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by SANTOS DIAZ, Jul 15, 2017.

1. SANTOS DIAZ

Builder

So I have a plan to purchase this bundle. I understand that the resources are in this forum, but I do not know where to start. I guess my questions I need answered are, after purchasing the bundle and putting it together, what do I need to make it work? Any help would greatly be appreciated. And if I posted this in the wrong place, I apologize in advance. Thank you guys!

2. Mark Carew

Mark Carew OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Hello @SANTOS DIAZ
    A good place to look for many of these resources would be in the original C-Beam Machine Build thread here. Although the XL is bigger the electronics and software will work for both.
    You can watch the Electronics and Software section of the videos to see how we connected our C-Beam machine. The only real difference being that the XL has two stepper motors/actuators on the Y axis and so you will want to wire these together on the same Y axis. Its as simple as flipping one set of motor wires here to make sure they both Y motors turn in the right direction.
    You will need electronics On the C-Beam machine we used the Xpro controller (but you can use what ever you choose there are lots of options and lots of info here on OpenBuilds on how to set them up)
    24V power supply
    Project cable
    AC power cord
    Software we used for the machine control is GRBL Panel
    Hope this helps, all the best with your build. Make it fun!
    Mark

GrayUK likes this.
  3. Dale Harrington

Builder

Was wondering the same thing. Does it come with the 3d printed parts?