Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

C-Beam Machine instructions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by drpeej, Mar 11, 2016.

1. drpeej

drpeej New
    Builder

I have just finished building my C-Beam Machine. The quality of the parts and the finished machine are outstanding - thank you.

The instructional video is very good but I have one minor suggestion:

When I was getting near the end I found that I had run out of 8mm M5 bolts but had a surplus of 10mm M5 bolts. On investigation I realised that the 8mm bolts should only be used where the direction of the bracket follows the slots and the 10mm ones are for where the bracket is at right angles to the slot and the bracket sits slightly proud of the surface.

I had inadvertently used some 8mm bolts where I should have used the 10mm ones and that is why I ran out. The 8mm ones worked fine when in the wrong place but the 10mm ones are too long. I had to undo all the brackets until I found the misplaced 8mm bolts which was a pain.

It's obvious when you know but it would be really helpful if the correct use of 8 and 10mm bolts was pointed out in the video at some stage.

Of course, it's possible that you did include this information in which case I missed it and I apologise.

Once again thanks for a great kit