Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Arduino due + RADDS 32bit + DRV8825 need HELP

Discussion in 'Controller Boards' started by Rapcis, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Rapcis

Rapcis New
    Builder

HI Everybody this is my first post and I really need some input on that subject.
    I just started my journey with cnc so Im complete newbie on that stuff especially on electronics side.

So I have ooznest ox cnc built with four nema23 1.2Nm motors with two of them on Y axis, spindle is from ebay 0.8kw with 1.5kw matching inverter, 24V 360W PSU, recently I purchased the above electronics parts Arduino Due, RADDS 32bit and five DRV8825 drivers and I have Windows 7 64bit laptop.
    Well I dont know what next or what else do I need, how to connect all of that and make my cnc running.
    I will appreciate any help.
    The only simmilar build with some explanation I found was shapeoko 2 on arduino one and gShield but because these boards are a little bit different than my setup and works on different voltage I completely dont know what to do.
    So any links to some kind of tutorials , step by step guides or videos will be great help for me.

If I will not be able to find any help on the above Do You guys think it would be better to purchase CNC xPRO or TB6560(I dont have parallel port) or any other board?

I really would like to make work everything what I have got now but if it will be necessary I will purchase something else.

P.S. Sorry guys for my english, its not my first language.

#1 Rapcis, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  2. David the swarfer

David the swarfer OpenBuilds Team
    Staff Member Moderator Builder Resident Builder

Hi
    according to this
    RADDS - RepRapWiki
    the RADDS is for 3D printers. However, you should be able to follow the connections instructions, and software loading instructions on that page, to get it working. I see it uses a special version of Marlin. As a beginner you have not chosen the easiest system to set up (-: But I think that if you o a bunch of reading and follow the instructions, you can get it working.

The xpro is much easier to get working though!

3. Rapcis

Rapcis New
    Builder

Thanks for information I'm just looking at the diagrams of RADDS, its looking like I will have to solder some bits or change my PSU for 12V
    (ok just checked my RADDS version its 1.5 and there is DC/DC converter added for 10 – 25 V power supply so nothing to solder :) ) .

Another thing is that RADDS have dual motor connections for Z and EXT3 axis while I have two motors on Y axis , so I have a question is it possible to change axis only on the software side or if not how to connect it (can I use dual connections for ext3 instead for Y?)

I Agree that xPro is much easier and it resolves above problem very easily, but it cost over 100£ so I want to try make work what I have before I spend another money.

#3 Rapcis, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015