Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

Add a classified section

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Steve B, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Steve B

Steve B Well-Known
    Builder

People are already posting ads on the forum, soon those posts will clutter up and spoil looking for the valuable info. Contain ads (but keep them relevant to OpenBuilds types of products) in a dedicated for-sale section. My preference would be private ads only (no vendors). I personally have some things I have purchased and will not need, it'd be a nice place to exchange.

GrayUK and dddman like this.
  2. Tweakie

Tweakie OpenBuilds Team

Good suggestion Steve. :thumbsup:

I think this has been discussed in the past and the problem may be that it would attract commercial sellers so may require a lot of work to keep it under control but I think it could be tried at least to see if it works for our benefit.

Tweakie.

3. Steve B

Steve B Well-Known
    Builder

Unfortunately, any forum I have ever participaed on - which is a lot - it takes moderation and rules to keep things under control and to the rules. Otherwise, eventually, the trolls and spammers will make their way in. OB has to be willing to have moderators delete threads that aren't to the rules.