Welcome to Our Community

Some features disabled for guests. Register Today.

A word to the wise. (Info)

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by RichGMD61, Sep 18, 2016.

1. RichGMD61

RichGMD61 New
    Builder

On Friday I purchased one of these 'Universal Tool Grinders' that are copies of the 'Deckel' type grinder, it was a reasonable price of £400 S/H from a local locksmith as it was surplus to requirement. Nice bit of kit hardly used, so yesterday I started to give it a clean and oil, and today I was going to check the belt out (as you do) to see how it comes off, what the size was and put it back on.

Shouldn't take too long I thought, I've got a gauge to measure the length, as it turns out it is a BS360 o-ring size, (AS-568 series o-ring) 360.

Then it comes to putting the darn thing back on, it was like wrestling a whole family of octopi/octopuses (delete whatever takes your fancy) after a struggle of an hour or so it finally went back on (doesn't help having large hands).

So if you ever decide to take the belt off, just for the crack DON'T!! , your knuckles will not thank you, I've done it once, hopefully the next time will be when it needs replacing.

Rich

Mark Carew likes this.
  2. GrayUK

GrayUK Openbuilds Team Elder
    Staff Member Moderator Builder

Can you imagine how stiff, hard and tight a new one is going to be! :nailbite:
    I bet though, if you look on You Tube, you'll find some easy, sneaky, method for doing just that. :)
    Gray

MaryD likes this.